Tuesday 25 January 2011

Night Of The Walking Mugler!


Months ago I was going through the many body modification pics Google had to offer, I had that itch to do something new... I didn't in the end, but I did come across "Zombie Boy" Rick Genest, a Canadian guy who has tattooed himself into a Zombie. His Macabre body art fascinated me but there was only so much Google could tell me, so it was just a bit of a thrill to see him walking for the brand new Thierry Mugler menswear collection!


I've always been enthralled by horror movies and ghost stories, and it seems to me that ghostly themes work beautifully in fashion, think of Rodarte's Japanese horror movie inspired A/W 08-09 and Frankenstein inspired A/W 09-10 collections, and the new Thierry Mugler menswear collection ( took on the same eerie-ghost-zombie-monster like feel. With the gray sand covered runway, rubber shirts, tailored suits and chiffon veils covered every horror flick from American Psycho to The House on Haunted Hill.


Bravo to Nicola Formichetti (yes GaGa's very own stylist) who is the newly appointed Creative Director, and to Rick Genest, who I can only assumed played the muse to the collection.

oh btw check out the beautiful video for the collection featuring Rick and a remix of Lady GaGa's soon to be released "Born This Way"


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this collection! i was thinking the guy with the body art, is it real tattoo?

    ReplyDelete