Friday 21 January 2011

My Summer Look Book

Well I've been taking an unwanted break from life due to illness (yes I caught that bug that's going around) yes I've been drinking liters of water a day, and yes I have been like a crack addict with the vitamin c tablets, but no I haven't been staring at day time TV for the entire week. Instead I've tried to spend my time doing something semi productive...the result, the start of my summer look book.

Before I get on with the (pretty bad) "mood boards" I'll explain. I've spent the passed 2 years in a pretty much completely monochrome wardrobe, that involved the skinniest of skinny jeans and a t shirt/cardigan combo,
and needless to say I'm bored by my look now. I've decided to create characters or a mood with the looks I'll wear for s/s 11. now a big focus on my summer colourway are nudes and beige, I know they were big trend last summer for women so why not? Of course I won't be getting rid of my skinny jeans and black and whites but still...on with the pics.


Look 1.
Cardigan:
Play by Comme Des Garcons, Jeans: Topman, Boots: Vivienne Westwood, Bag: Asos


This would be a typical look for me, but adding in the beige cardigan and boots will add a bit of a summer touch to the look and make me stand out a little more.




Look 2.

Polo: Play by Comme Des Garcons, Chinos: Asos, Cardigan: American Apparel, Belt: H&M, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Bag: Mulberry

this look was inspired by the thought of an American Ivy League student...you know the kind of guy, he doesn't follow fashion yet always seems to get it right...and wouldn't be out of place in a Gossip Girl storyline. The mulberry wasn't 1st choice, no no the Burberry Prorsum 'Large Rugged Canvas Traveller Bag' from the A/W 11 collection was my 1st choice, but the beige canvas/red leather handle and trims went too well with this look, if I'm spending so much (£1,195) on something I want it to work with most of what I wear.



Look 3.

T shirt: American Apparel w/ custom print, Trousers: Asos, Socks: Am
erican Apparel, Loafers: Prada, Bag: Asos

Now I know this isn't exactly chic, but I love the quirky idea of a real life cartoon character, definitely a love it or hate it look. I don't think I'd be able to wear such a bright yellow, so I think I'd tone it down with maybe a pastel lemon colour.



Look 4.

Top:
Play by Comme Des Garcons, Jeans: Topman, Shoes: Christian Louboutin, Coat: Burberry (vintage), Scarf: Alexander McQueen


This look came after a conversation with Hiba about our plans for the summer... A trip to Paris! So of course I need a typical Parisian look for the day we head to Paris, an ode to France. Such a stereotypical look yet I find it so chic I had to use this opportunity to try and pull this look.



Look 5.

Tshirt: American Apparel, Chinos: Asos, Jacket: Topman, Boots: Vivienne Westwood, Bag: American Apparel, Bracelets: Topman

This is more of a New Yorker look, New Yorkers have a fashion forward look that doesn't push the boundaries, so much "ooh" with none of the "will it work" I love that they always look cool and put together but with that "just threw this on" attitude. Wanted to add some jewelery into this look too because I never usually wear any apart from a black plastic "shag band" that I only take off when it eventually breaks.



No comments:

Post a Comment