Sunday 13 February 2011

Ms Wintour is gaga for McQueen


I've never been an avid reader of either English or American Vogue...FASHION BLASPHEMY I know, but I find them slightly bland editorial wise. When they actually do something slightly edgy I can usually find it online, just like the March issue of American Vogue with Lady GaGa as the cover model.


Ms Wintour chose Sarah Burton's S/S 11 McQueen collection as the feature garments with halter a bit of Haider Ackermann, and Louis Vuitton thrown in. I think I'm actually in love with this editorial and can't wait to see the full spread, although I'm not sure about the wig, it works for the cover shot but I feel they should have gone in a different directions with the McQueen shots.

I was also going to post the vid for 'Born This Way' but I'm undecided on how I feel about it. I like it, but it seems far too for the gays. Odd coming from a gay I know, but it just seems a little like she's gone for a gay anthem (I'm sure I'll be hearing it at London pride countless times this summer) and that she's kinda forgotten not all her fans are fans of that early 2000 club vibe. I have however heard the demos for 'Animal' and 'Out Of Control' and I'm glad I can say 'Born This Way' isn't the general sound for the new album...in fact I'll post 'Animal' instead...it shall be my summer anthem
.

No comments:

Post a Comment